Tuesday, March 3, 2015

First, Let Me Explain.....

Maybe you’ve wondered why I haven’t written as much lately (or maybe you haven’t noticed). Here is my litany of excuses and my plan for this blog moving forward.

Excuse Number One: I signed a book deal for my womens fiction so I am finally writing for real. This is a good thing. Truly. I am following my arrow. The awesome people at StoryPlant are making it happen!

Excuse Number Two: There’s only so many times you can write about starting seedlings, which is what I’d planned to write about this week. The thing is – I’ve written about starting seedlings before and before that and then I wrote about seed starting mediums. So instead of wasting my time and yours, check out those links. That said, I will probably never run out of things to say that have to do with a Kid Friendly Organic Life. And just in case you’re wondering, here’s one of my Sophie's Choice seedlings  coming along:


Excuse Number Three: I wrote a book! On the off chance that you haven’t been paying any attention to my ramblings (my kids would understand that), my book Live Intentionally: 65 Challenges for a Healthier Happier Life was published last December. It’s based on this blog, but there is also some original material in there, too. Promoting this book falls to me. To be honest, I’ve been less than stellar at this because I’d rather write than sell. Still, the meager promoting I am doing demands my spare writing time.


Excuse Number Four: We became a foster dog family. I know, in the midst of everything going on in my life, why would I invite this chaos? Because that’s how I roll and because I love it. I want to do this, and no, it’s not a good time, but it’s not as if my life’s gonna suddenly get less hectic. So lets just crank it up one more notch. And because I have a blogging habit, I’m writing about our adventures at Another Good Dog.

So what is the plan for KFOL?

I will probably post about once a month, unless I can’t stay away and then there will be more. If there’s a subject you’d like me to tackle, I welcome the challenge. Shoot me an e-mail at cara.achterberg@rocketmail.com.

If you want to stay up to date on all my writing adventures, know when the first novel is released (hopefully sometime this summer!), and/or see random pictures of my menagerie, you can “like” me on facebook. You can also check out my website, CaraWrites.

And one last thing – THANK YOU for reading this blog all these years! Writing it has been a joy and given me the experience and confidence to follow my writing dream. You are my favorite people.




No comments:

Post a Comment